These days, there’s hardly anything we can’t buy online. Clothing, bedding, furniture, tools…it’s just so convenient to shop from home in your PJs! In the past year or so several mattress manufacturers have entered the online market. This has allowed customers to skip the awkward mattress store shopping experience and instead buy a bed with the click of a button. This is helpful but it makes it hard to determine which exactly is the best online mattress.
Because every person has different preferences in the bedroom, it’s hard to say which online mattress is best. Several mattress review sites make the decision process a little easier by breaking preferences into categories.
Best Online Mattresses for Couples
Two things are very important when sharing a bed with a partner. The first is not being able to feel the other person toss and turn when you’re trying to sleep. The second is to have a quiet, playful bounce for sex. Although many online mattresses are made of just foam, most couples enjoy the reactive bounce of a bed that also has coils. Hybrid mattresses combine memory foam with pocketed coils to reduce motion transfer while also providing a responsive bounce and enough edge support for amorous activity.
Here are some online mattresses most recommended for couples:
- Mattress Clarity recommends Helix, a hybrid bed that can be customized depending on each partner’s sleeping preferences.
- Sleepopolis recommends Alexander Hybrid by Nest Bedding.
- Sleep Delivered recommends Satva, a luxury hybrid mattress with two layers of coils.
Best Online Mattresses for Side Sleepers
Sleeping on your side can put pressure on the shoulder and hips, causing pain in the neck and back if you aren’t sleeping on the right mattress. The ideal bed for side sleepers will allow the shoulder and hip to sink into the mattress and contour to all of your body’s curves, keeping the spine in a neutral position. Beds made of all foam may work for some side sleepers, but people who weigh more may sink in too deeply, causing improper curvature of the spine. On the other hand, a bed that’s too firm will lead to chronic shoulder pain. A hybrid mattress that offers cushiony memory foam along with contouring, pressure-relieving micro coils would be a good model to consider.
Here are some recommended online mattresses for side sleepers:
- Mattress Mentor recommends ordering Brooklyn Bedding, a latex mattress, in a soft firmness.
- Sleepopolis recommends Leesa, which is made of Avena and memory foam.
- Mattress Clarity recommends Amerisleep, a luxury memory foam mattress.
Best Online Mattresses for Back Sleepers
Back sleepers need a medium-firm surface to keep their hips and buttocks from sagging into the mattress, which can throw the spine out of alignment. But you also need a cushioning contour that supports the arch in your lower back and distributes your weight evenly. Memory foam mattresses seem to be a favorite among back sleepers.
- Business Insider recommends Casper, one of the original memory foam mattresses due to its medium-firmness.
- Mattress Mentor recommends the Brentwood Home Gel HD Memory Foam mattress.
Best Online Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers
If you sleep on your stomach, a mattress that’s too soft will allow your pelvis to sink down, resulting in the misalignment of your spine and inevitable back pain. Instead, you should look for a medium-firm mattress to keep your back from arching and that conforms to your chest.
These are a few recommended online mattresses best for stomach sleepers:
- Sleepopolis recommends Loom & Leaf by Satva in Medium firmness, there are 3 levels of firmness available.
- Sleeplikethedead.com said Tuft and Needle is well suited for stomach sleepers due to its high level of firmness.
Herobed May Be The Best Online Mattress For You
Every sleeper has individual and unique needs in a mattress. Herobed is built with durable, comforting pocketed micro coils that offer pressure point relief while sleeping on the side, back, and stomach. The help of 3000 micro coils also provide a great bounce for couples, while a transitional layer of foam minimizes motion transfer for sound sleeping. Finally, a cooling memory foam top offers conforming comfort to aid in weight distribution.
Try Herobed risk-free for 100 days and find out if it’s the best online mattress for you.