If you’ve been putting off buying a new mattress, it’s not surprising. Whether it’s your first time or you’ve done it many times before, mattress shopping can be an awkward, intimidating experience. The good thing is that in today’s market, you don’t have to deal with pushy salespeople or sprawl out on a bed in a retail store. Instead, you can buy a bed online from the comfort of your own home. Plus, you will sleep soundly knowing you’ve saved a ton of money.
The Problem With Traditional Mattress Shopping
- It’s Not Always Best to Try Before You Buy: Many mattress shoppers like to compare how different mattresses feel by laying on them in a store. Is this one too hard? Is that one too soft? Will this one help my back? But settling on a mattress by laying on it once can be a mistake. Your body takes time to adapt to a new sleep surface. Something that felt comfortable for five minutes in a store may not be comfortable after sleeping on it at home for a month.
- Satisfaction Isn’t Always Guaranteed: When you try to return that uncomfortable mattress to a store, you may have a hard time receiving a refund. Most retail mattress return policies state that unless something went wrong in the manufacturing process, all they can do is exchange it for a different model. Sometimes they even charge you outrageous return and redelivery fees. These costs cause some people to keep their mattress and tolerate uncomfortable nights of sleep just to avoid the extra hassle and expense.
- Salesperson Pressure is No Fun: Being followed around by a salesperson who works on commission doesn’t make for a relaxing shopping experience. This often causes customers to feel rushed to make a decision. Sometimes they even buy a much higher priced mattress than planned just because he says it’s the right one.
- The Advantages of Online Mattress Shopping: When you buy a bed online, you bypass a lot of the problems with retail stores. Smart mattress manufacturers today are realizing that their customers have a lot more to gain by ordering with the click of a button.
- No Pressure Lets You Pick What You Want: Shopping in your PJs at home allows you to relax and take your time choosing a mattress without being followed around a store. You can browse online shopping guides and search for owner reviews to find a bed that sounds like the perfect fit for your bedroom preferences.
- No Middle Man Means Better Prices: Online mattresses often cost half the amount of a retail mattress because there’s no one hiking up the price to pay their salespeople. Shipping the mattress straight to your door requires no overhead costs, and you get to pocket the difference.
- Risk-Free Purchase Lets You Relax: Many online bed companies offer a guaranteed trial period of around 100 days. If you don’t like the mattress after sleeping on it for a few months, you get all of your money back, no questions asked, and can be on your way to trying another brand.
Buying a Bed Online Can Lead to Better Sleep
Online mattress manufacturers can offer you a great shopping experience, the highest-quality night’s sleep at a great price. If you’re ready to try shopping for a bed online, check out the hybrid difference of the Herobed.